Turkey Soup For Your Soul
Have extra leftover turkey? Make a homemade bone broth with your Turkey Bones and then turn your leftover meat into this delicious, comforting and gut healing soup!
- 2-3 whole Celery stalks chopped
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2-3 whole Carrots chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 sprigs Sage fresh
- 2 sprigs Rosemary fresh
- 2 sprig Thyme fresh
- 8 cups Bone Broth homemade or store bought
- 10-12oz package Noodles your favorite type
- 2-3 cups Left over Thanksgiving Turkey chopped/ shredded
- 1/4 cup Parsley fresh, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a large stock pot, heat oil on med-high heat.
Add Celery, Onions & carrots to pot and saute for 2-3 min (a few pinches of salt and pepper), add garlic and fresh herbs (except parsley). Herbs should be whole and tied together with butcher twine for easy removal before serving. Saute for 2-3 mins
Add Bone Broth and bring to boil
Add Noodles and cook until al dente (depending on package instructions)
Add turkey and stir. Remove from heat.
Remove fresh herb bundles. Garnish with fresh parsley, salt & pepper to taste.