I have a hard time throwing away my sourdough discards in the morning, these Sourdough Crepes fix that struggle and give my family a delicious breakfast!
With a short list of ingredients, these crepes can be whipped up fast, served with Nutella and on your breakfast table in just a few moments.
All you need to do is keep your discard to the side instead of throwing it out when feeding your starter.
Measure out the amount you need for this recipe (you’ll probably need to double or triple this recipe). My family eats about a double serving of this and we are 2 Adults and 3 kids (5,3 & 1.5). And you are only moments away from the most delicious sourdough crepes ever!
What is Sourdough Starter? Check out my whole post on it and how to make your own!
These crepes are perfect for practicing your skills at tossing and flipping pancakes without a spatula! Due to the nature of how this batter cooks, it develops a delicious crust that makes it easy to toss and flip! So, give it a try and make sure someone is filming you, then share it on social! (Make sure to tag me)
Best Toppings for Sourdough Crepes
- Nutella & fruit
- Nutella & Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter & Maple Syrup
- Replace lasagna noodles with these crepes!
- Fill with ham & cheese and grill slightly
- Use leftover steak and grill some mushrooms and cream cheese and fill them!
- possibilities are endless!
My kids love these!
We serve them with Nutella and whipped cream most of the time and top them with sprinkles, because, well Sprinkles make everything better!
Some tools that help you be successful at Sourdough Crepes.
I absolutely LOVE my Ergo Spout to help me pour my crepe batter, it keeps everything clean and it’s easy to use! Screws onto a regular mouth mason jar! Use my discount code to save 10% SWEETNSASSYEATS
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 3 whole Eggs
- 3 pinches Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 1 cup Sourdough Starter
- 1/4 cup Milk to thin
- Beat eggs, melted butter, and salt
- Add Sourdough Starter and mix
- Add milk to thin (about 1/4 cup or less)
- Butter pan, pour about 1/4 cup of batter to the middle of the pan and swirl to evenly spread the batter.
- Wait until top looks set and edges begin to get a little golden.
- Flip and cook for less than a minute on the other side.
- Enjoy with Nutella spread over and whipped cream, or peanut butter and maple syrup (my husband’s favorite)!