This is my go-to chicken marinade to use over & over, it is my husbands absolute favorite & is a winner with all my guests. This is the most PERFECT Chicken Marinade for flavor and for versatility!
I prep a BUNCH of freezer bags of chicken and this marinade right when I get home from the store. When I need to have grilled chicken, I just defrost and grill, without having to measure or messy my kitchen!
We LOVE using this for some of my camping meal prep and hacks! I have chicken in the freezer that is already prepped; I just throw it in our cooler and let it thaw! Then, I grill it straight on the fire; or I chopped it up and put it on these awesome flat skewers (so they stay put & don’t rotate on me); pair it with some grilled kabob veggies and BAM a healthy and delicious camping meal done SUPER FAST!
A lot of my friends STRUGGLE with cooking meat well. They say they are always so scared of undercooking chicken that they over cook it and its dry and nasty! Guys, I use to have this SAME PROBLEM! I could never consistently get my chicken super juicy and not worry it wasn’t cooked all the way through. At least until I had the RIGHT TOOLS!
Cooking well, (especially meat) is all about 1- quality ingredients and 2 – quality tools! With my tools, I NEVER go anywhere without my ThermoWorks Mk4. It is the best in the industry for an instant and accurate temperature read. The Mk4 is also SUPER versatile, I use it for hot and fast grilling, BIG low & slow meat cooks, candy making and BAKING (check out how I use it to get my cinnamon rolls PERFECT every time).
PRO TIPS – for success every time!
- Use fresh rosemary in this recipe
- Use fresh minced garlic, but if you only have garlic powder, use 2 tsp of powder.
- Do not FLIP to the next side until chicken easily releases from the grill grates; thats when you know it will have a perfect grill marks and the right caramelization for perfect flavor!
- TEST with your meat thermometer before pulling from grill
- I pull my chicken at 155 deg, cover with foil and allow to rest. The carry over with bring the chicken to the USDA recommended 165 deg to be considered safe for consumption.
MY MUST HAVES for camping meals
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Portable Grill Grate
- Food Handling prep Gloves
- Thin & Light cutting Boards
- My favorite Chef Knife
- ThermoWorks Meat Thermometers
- Meal prep bowls
- Flat Kabob Skewers
The Perfect Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3/4 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp rosemary fresh & chopped
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 6 chicken breasts or 3lbs
- Mixed all ingredients to gallon ziplock bag & add chicken
- Refrigerate for 4 hrs and up to 24hrs
- (if prepping for a later use, put directly into the freezer, then when ready to use thaw in fridge overnight and it's already marinaded and ready to grill)
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken until 165 deg internal temperature (i like to pull at 155, cover in foil and allow to rest – the carry over heat will get the chicken to 165 deg an d not be overcooked)
- the nutritional values are assuming you are consuming the marinade fully – which you are not, as you discard all the un absorbed marinade before cooking. Keep this in mind as the Fats and sugars are really not accurate