Easy and reliable Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes are an indulgence and perfect for any holiday or special gathering!
I love a good scalloped potato or au gratin potato recipe. But I felt like most times they were only one note or fell flat on strong flavors. Also my husband doesn’t really eat white potatoes, the only potato he really eats is a sweet potato. So, I wanted to make a recipe that he would enjoy and that I would enjoy.
Look at those lovely layers of potatoes, cheese, cream & bacon! YUM! Cooking it in the Instant Pot makes this dish cook in half the time & use one less spot in my oven! When I bake in the oven or on my smoker, it sometimes takes longer to cook through. What I am saying is, Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes are more reliable.
INSTANT POT SCALLOPED POTATOES TIPS
- Make sure to have extra fresh herbs for garnishing your dish afterwards.
- Allow the dish to cool for the full 10 minutes. This allows the cream sauce to thicken and the cheese to set so it holds together better, otherwise it becomes a sloppy mess that doesn’t plate well.
MAKING INSTANT POT BACON & HERB SCALLOPED POTATOES FOR THE HOLIDAYS?
CHECK OUT MY OTHER HOLIDAY RECIPES HERE:
- DRY AGED THANKSGIVING TURKEY
- PALEO SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE
- INSTANT POT SAUSAGE STUFFING
- BISCOFF COCONUT CREAM PIE
- ORANGE GLAZED DINNER ROLLS
- FESTIVE BRUSSEL SPROUT SALAD
- INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
- CHRISTMAS SMOKED PRIME RIB
Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes
- 3 lbs Sweet Potatoes & Yukon Gold Potatoes can use a mix or all of the same type
- 1 whole Sweet Yellow Onion thinly sliced
- 3 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Whole Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Rosemary chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 8 slices Bacon cooked & crumbled
- 8 oz Gruyere Cheese shredded
- 2 oz Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp Butter divided & cubed
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes & Onions to about 1/8" (you can use an even mix of Sweet and Yukon Gold Potatoes) Or you can use all of one type, I typically prefer a mix or all sweet potatoes.
- In a separate pot, add Heavy Cream, onions, herbs & all seasonings together. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Remove Bay leaves from cream and pour a a littel bit of cream in the bottom of each pan. Then pour the rest over all the potatoes.
- Grease 2 8" round pans (at least 2" deep) with butter.
- Layer the pans in this order: 1)Potatoes & Onions 2)Cheeses 3)Bacon & Repeat for a second layer. Pour the Cream over top of each pan evenly. Add 1/2 a tbsp of butter (cut into cubes) on the top of each pan.
- Place steam rack in Instant pot & add 1.5 cups of water. Place 1 pan on top of the steam rack and seal the Instant Pot. (make sure to turn the valve to seal position)
- Set on HIGH Pressure for 25 min. When cooking is complete, you can allow it to natually release or do a manual release. Once steam has stopped, open lid and carefully remove from instant pot. Repeat for second pan
- Turn oven to Broil and cook potatoes in oven until top is golden brown.Allow to cool for 10min and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and chives.
- Preheat oven or smoker to 350 degrees. Grease a 9"X13" pan with butter.
- Layer the pan in this order: 1)Potatoes & Onions 2)Cheeses 3)Bacon & Repeat for a second layer. Pour the Cream over top. Add 1 tbsp of butter (cut into cubes) on the top.
- Bake for 40-50 mins (or until potatoes are tender).
- Turn Oven up to Broil or Smoker to Highest temp possible. And cook under cheese is golden. Allow to cool for 10min and serve. Garnish with fresh parsley and chives.
Want more Instant Pot Holiday recipes? Check out these awesome other bloggers I have teamed up with to share with you all their delicious Holiday recipes!
Instant Pot Peppermint Cheesecake by TIDBITS
Instant Pot Ham by The Typical Mom
Instant Pot Creamed Spinach by Stay Snatched
Instant Pot Jalapeño Cheddar Corn Bread by Herbivore Cucina
Instant Pot Eggnog Stuffed French Toast by Devour Dinner
Instant Pot Bacon & Herb Scalloped Potatoes by Sweet N Sassy Eats
Pressure Cooker Cranberry Baked French Toast by Pressure Cooking Today
Instant Pot Peanut Clusters by Cooking with Karli
Creamy Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole by Instant Pot Eats
Instant Pot Applesauce by The Butter Half
Instant Pot Cornmeal Dumplings by Enhance Your Palate
Instant Pot Cranberry Meatballs by Life Made Simple
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip by Happy Healthy Mama
Instant Pot Maple Mustard Turkey Breast by Greens & Chocolate
Instant Pot Garlic & Herb Carrots by Piping Pot Curry
Delightfully Delicious Deviled Eggs by My Imperfect Kitchen
Instant Pot Cranberry Apple Pecan Rice Pilaf by 365 Days of Slow Cooking and Pressure Cooking
Instant Pot White Chocolate Creme Brulee with Candy Cane Sugar Shell by Instant Pot Cooking
Instant Pot Whole Tandoori Chicken by Ministry of Curry
Instant Pot Caramelized Bacon Green Beans by Jenuine Home/Instant Pot Creations