A BLEND OF SIMPLE INGREDIENTS COME TOGETHER FOR A PERFECT AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI!
My Avocado Chimichurri sauce is packed with avocado, parsley, cilantro & garlic. They are incredibly flavorful and insanely good for you, how can you go wrong with these guys? Supposedly I have the gene that i supposed to make me dislike cilantro; well, my taste buds missed that memo, I can’t get enough of that cancer fighting herb!
Chimichurri is super versatile, so if you do not like cilantro, leave it out! Add extra parsley and throw in some oregano or basil! YUM! It is originally from Uruguay, so it’s no wonder that it pairs so well with Mexican style meals and grilled meat. I love to use it as a salad dressing too!
WHAT TO PAIR WITH YOUR AVOCADO CHIMICHURRI?
It goes perfect with beef, fish & chicken; in fact, I have a Grilled Tri Tip recipe that it is basically made for it! Definitely check that recipe out!
Avocado Chimichurri is SO EASY to make! Comes together fast and can be stored in your fridge for up to 1 week to enjoy! Throw all your ingredients into a food processor and blend. In a matter of seconds you have a delicious and bright sauce.
TIPS & TRICKS
- Do not worry about removing the stems for the Parsley & Cilantro! They have tons of flavor and when blended are totally edible.
- You may need to add more acid (lime juice or red wine vinegar) to taste.
- Always taste your chimichurri and adjust the salt to taste.
- Like extra heat? Add more Jalapeños and include the seeds. Don’t like spicy or Jalapeños? Leave them out!
- I like to throw my Jalapeños on the smoker to roast them, it intensifies the flavor and adds another level to the sauce.
- HAVE FUN & BE CREATIVE! This sauce is flexible! Adjust everything to your taste buds and add other things!
- 1 whole Avocado
- 1 bunch Parsley fresh
- 1 bunch Cilantro fresh
- 1 whole Jalapeno roasted, deseed for less heat if you desire
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 TBSP Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Fresh squeezed Lime Juice more to taste
- 1/2 cup Avocado Oil can sub Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Red Onion
- 2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend until evenly distributed & smooth